Monday 29 March 2010

Phase 20 : Get a Pint into a half pint pot...just cut out the pot...

Will I be an Alcoholic for the rest of my life? The answer is I'll never know. There is one thing that I do know, and it is an enlightnening, and somewhat welcoming, side effect of the admission of previous dependancy on alcohol. What I know is that honesty with yourself is the greatest tool that you can arm yourself with for the life ahead. Couple this with the realisation that you can achieve anything, and  all of a sudden your mental approach to the unknown seems stronger.
At the moment I am not an advocate of "group" therapy. This could be a regretful attitude, but I hope not. In some arrogant way, though, I'm not relying on just hope, as "hope" implies a degree of desperation. I genuinely dont believe I need to. Some people do use it, and use it successfully, and all my congratulations go out to them. For them, the support, love, achievement they develop through each days successful refraining from alcohol, can be shared with others. For me, I use it to feed my own stubborness to succeed. It seems to be working.

No comments:

Post a Comment